Receptionist | IOM International Organization for Migration
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
Position Title : Receptionist
Duty Station : Khartoum, Sudan
Classification : G3
Type of Appointment : Special Short-term graded contract, six months with
possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 14, 2023.
Reference Code : SVN 04 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration
and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM
is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Executive
Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist in arranging and coordinate meetings and appointments within and outside the mission and the city
• Assist in relay messages from the CoM and drafting general correspondences and filling as required
• Assist the CoM with informal translation from Arabic to English as well as informal translation from English to Arabic, whenever required
• Assist in providing general secretarial support to the Office of the CoM
• Provide cover for the Executive Office during the absences of the Executive Assistant
• Receive and Assist visitors and direct them to the staff concerned
• Operate the switchboard.
• Assist staff in placing call whenever deemed necessary
• Register and distribute all correspondences received and/or outgoing
• Send all outgoing correspondences and register them for reference
• Ensure reception area is well organized and presentable at all times
• Prepare refreshment for guests as required
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the CoM or the Executive Assistant
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in administration and business management, or a related field
from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant
• Experience in maintaining and compiling of files and data banking;
• Throughout knowledge working with the Microsoft package (i.e. Word, Excel sheets and databases);
• Strong ability of research and analysis of information
Fluency in English and Working knowledge of Arabic an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
• This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
• Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email: [email protected], by February 14, 2023, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing,
training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.