Project Manager (Technical Specialist) | World Vision
Nyala, South Darfur State, Sudan On-site]
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
As a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
1. Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and close-out (35%)
- Assure that assigned project is properly planned to meet agreed upon results, timelines and budgets.
- Lead on the implementation of the project in line with project documents including logframe, budget, and work-plan. Support and lead project activities enhancing food system and resilient livelihoods and contributing to the reduction of disaster risk and climate change adaptation.
- Analyze effectiveness and efficiency of project implementation and introduce corrective measures where needed.
- Ensure and coordinate technical oversight, quality and support is given to the field teams and partners to implement planned activities and programs. Coordinate and collaborate with WV support units and departments to ensure synergy.
- Guide and support training activities of the project, including facilitation of technical trainings (economic empowerment, climate smart agriculture, etc.).
- Oversee the provision of community services, including provision of extension services and replication of learned skills and practices, and participate on such provision, when needed.
- Ensure that lessons learnt are documented and applied during project life. Ensure these lessons were shared, with technical unit of SPQE for feeding into future proposal designs. Ensure active community involvement and participation in project implementation.
- Provide timely scheduled and ad hoc reporting on implementation progress to donors, WV Sudan Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and other stakeholders including HAC and government line ministries, using WV/donor templates.
- Work closely with the M&E team to ensure key components of accountability (such as information sharing, beneficiary feedback mechanism, and participation of beneficiaries) is in-place and adequately practiced and documented.
- In collaboration with other departments such as M&E and Finance, support developing project performance tracking tools (work plans, PMPs, expenditure plans, procurement plans etc.) and oversee the utilization of these tracking tools to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects. Lead the project final evaluation.
2. Financial Management (20%)
- Review the project budget to ensure the expenses are allocated per the requirements and expectations of the organization and donors.
- Develop budget versus actual tracking tools that compliments World Vision Sudan financial tracking systems for use by project coordinators. Oversee budget preparation and on-going project expenditure reviews in coordination with area offices, project coordinators, project officers, and sector officers.
- In coordination with the finance department, provide training to project staff on financial planning and budgeting, and conducting monthly expenditure reviews.
- Track and follow up contract implementation in coordination with procurement team.
- Coordinate with FSL technical unit any suggested project’s budget modifications and ensure coordination with all concerned units/department (finance/GAM)
3. Staff/Partnership Management (20%)
- Facilitate staff hiring of staff and orientation, as needed. In collaboration with Area Program Manager and P&C identify areas for staff/partner development and share with FSL technical unit for capacity building management.
- For staff under direct supervision (FSL Coordinator), develop Performance Agreements (PAs) with clear and measurable Key Performance Measures (KPMs) and regularly review staff performance in line with WV Sudan policies and agreed upon weekly / monthly work plans.
- Deliver and/or arrange technical and operational capacity building of staff and partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners to facilitate effective partnership on projects under portfolio.
- Work with the P&C business partner and P&C department in the Sudan Country Office to ensure the agency maintains an understanding of partnership challenges and opportunities across operation area.
- Support staff and partners throughout the project management cycle
- Oversee project staff retention and capacity development.
4. Quality Assurance and Strategy Support (10%)
- Under technical guidance of FSL manager, Support the overall WVS ministry strategy objectives and activities, including supporting new proposal submission.
- Support promotion and establishment of improved agricultural productivity through sustainable and climate smart agriculture development and disaster management approaches, and as directed by technical unit.
- Lead and ensure program quality standards are adhered to by program concerned staff. Oversee grants management processes for quality assurance.
- In collaboration with WV Sudan program concerned staff, local line ministries, stakeholders and community beneficiaries, support project sustainability. Support and manage FSL need assessments and surveys aimed at determining community needs for emergency, early recovery, and resilience program interventions.
- Support the overall WVS ministry strategy activities, through close collaboration and on-time reporting to FSL unit of SPQE department. Support the FSL unit of SPQE department to build and sustain WV Sudan’s emergency, early recovery, and resilience portfolios, as requested
5. Coordination and External Relations (10%)
- Ensure coordination between all project stakeholders to achieve high level of implementation.
- Lead project external meetings with donors, field cluster subunit, governmental bodies, communities and report findings to Area Manager and technical units and/or as directed.
- Lead World Vision, government, and local partner NGO joint project monitoring meetings at field level, ensure implementation of action plans and report finding, as appropriate.
- Host donor site visits in collaboration with concerned staff and local partner NGOs. Prepare and submit project updates as needed.
6. Risk Management (10%)
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator to review, design and refine monitoring protocols and ensure they are being applied to the project.
- Review and update risk and contingency plans to account for changes in the operating context.
- Ensure strong systems are in place to detect and deter fraud, waste and diversion and to rapidly report incidents to senior management.
- Ensure that systems are in place for designated projects to ensure end-to-end verification of the delivery of supplies and to monitor partner procurement.
- Train and mentor staff and partner staff on risk management and risk mitigation
Applicant Types Accepted: